Secretary & Paralegal Contact Info
Mr. Hartman is an established expert in the field of workers’ compensation law and is editor of the leading treatise in the practice area, the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Deskbook, published by the Minnesota State Bar Association. He is a frequent lecturer in the field of workers’ compensation and has chaired many educational seminars for the CLE Division of the Minnesota State Bar Association. Mr. Hartman also regularly consults with departments of state government, legislators and the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce on workers’ compensation issues. He has a strong competence in complex medical issues, reads orthopedic and sports medicine journals “for fun,” and has taught a number of “medical school for lawyers” seminars relating to medical issues in litigated cases. Mr. Hartman is married and has three children. His non-work-related passions include travel, reading, “running, biking, hiking and lifting,” and the study of enology and viticulture.
State of Minnesota, 1980
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1980
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 1985
University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., cum laude, 1980
Cambridge University, Cambridge, England and
University of Minnesota, B.A. with distinction, 1977
Mr. Hartman is the editor of the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Deskbook, published by the Minnesota State Bar Association. Mr. Hartman has written and spoken expansively on wide-ranging topics in Minnesota workers’ compensation law and medical topics.
Honors & Awards
- Workers’ Compensation “Lawyer of the Year,” U.S. News and World Report
- Number One Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorney in Minnesota, Minnesota Journal of Law and Politics
- “Top 25” Lawyers in Minnesota, Minnesota Journal of Law and Politics
- Fellow, College of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys, American Bar Association
- Top 100 “Super Lawyer,” Minnesota Journal of Law and Politics
- 10 consecutive year award, “The Best Lawyers in America,” Woodward, White
- “Leading Minnesota Attorney,” American Research Corporation
- “Top 40” Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in the State of Minnesota, Minnesota Journal of Law and Politics
- Designated “Super Lawyer” in every year since 1995.
Professional Associations & Memberships
Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Labor/Management Policy Committee
Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Minnesota State Bar Association